Welcome to Mail Order Zombie!

Since 2008, Mail Order Zombie has covered zombie movies, zombie movie music, post-apocalyptic and zombie literature, zombie comics, zombie games, zombie operas, etc. Weekly, Brother D brings the reviews, and Miss Bren joins him for the weekly Feedback Discussion. Zombie news from around the world is covered in the Zombie Beat, and interviews with zombie media makers round out the show.

Saturday, September 5, 2009

August's ZAT Extra Credit entries

The following are the entries from August's Zombie Aptitude Test Extra Credit contest. Please take the survey beneath the pics to help choose a winner! This survey will be open until September 21st, 2009. Good luck to all the entrants!
Marina the Fire-Eating Mermaid
Clint K.
Marina, the Fire-Eating Mermaid

I always make it a point to listen to it on my waterproof iPod while I drown dem sailors...

Clint K.

I listen to Mail Order Zombie every week while working. I mow lawns commercially almost every day to help fund my filmmaking. It's kinda hard to tell what I'm doing in the pic because I had to take it myself, but it's me on my lawnmower.

Ghastly Guy
Jeff M.
Ghastly Guy

Ghastly Guy relaxes on his roof while listening to the latest episode of Mail Order Zombies! While listening he basks in the nippy triple-digit rays of Texas summers and puts away a cold one. Not to mention, while on the roof he's out of the reach of Zombies; making head phones less dangerous!

Jeff M.

I love to listen to the podcast at work. I am a Physical Therapist Assistant in a nursing home and the work can become quite stressful, not to mention depressing, sometimes. There's nothing better than putting on the earphones and sitting quietly at the computer to write my patient's notes and listen to you two and the rest of the family while I'm writing. Attached is a photo that I had a co-worker snap of me with some of my "equipment." Yes, those are artificial limbs that three of my patients let me borrow for the shot. Don't worry, the three of them aren't shambling around on one leg while I use their valuable prosthetics for my own pleasure! All three were in bed, resting quietly.

Coffeemug - 1
Coffeemug - 2
Coffeemug

I listen to MOZ while working nights at a local outdoor shopping mall. Yeah, I know security is always the first to go in zombie movies, but here I am at day break.

Coffeemug's workplace
Slug - 1
Slug - 2
Slug

Yes, it's me, Slug. Yes, I was in the shower. Yes, the water was on. Yes, I was only wearing my headphones. No, you can't see any nudity.

Slug (cont'd)

Here is a before shower pic...you can see the showerhead.

Michelle M.
Third Coast Zed
Michelle M.

My family and I went on a little trip this past weekend, and I did a lot of the driving. My iPod and MOZ kept me sane, laughing and awake; and also from driving off of the interstate! So, since you guys were a big part of my weekend, my husband took my picture listening to you in this "strange" place. I won't tell you where it is, but maybe you can figure it out once you take a look at the picture!

Third Coast Zed

Well... from May until August of 2008 I enjoyed my MOZ while bombing down the highway on my motorcycle. In desperation, I took a job that was far enough from my shed that I could listen to the entire episode, stop for a quick coffee and still have a few nickels to go on the bike. It was a rough time, but every Friday morning's commute was made better by my MOZ fix. Only thing is, at the time, everyone's favorite living impaired was just beginning to make his presence known, and I would have to slow down from ludicrous speed so I could hear his call.

Zombie Farmer & Timmy
Zombie Farmer and Timmy

I don't know about the coolest place to listen to the show but this might be the most unusual....I listen to MOZ while brushing Timmy's Teeth!

Headshot Heather

Sometimes when work has got me stressed, I head up into the mountains for a little target practice & the melodious tones of Brother D & Miss Bren on the Mail Order Zombie podcast.